Federal Minister for Water Resources Muhammad Mueen Wattoo on Wednesday informed the National Assembly that the Greater Karachi Bulk Water Supply Scheme (K-IV) is expected to be completed by December 2026.
Responding to a calling attention notice regarding delays in the project despite heavy expenditure, the minister said the scheme was being executed under the supervision of Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA) and the federal government.
He told the House that the federal government had so far spent Rs. 94.67 billion on the project. Muhammad Mueen Wattoo said the K-IV project would supply water to three major points in Karachi that fall under the responsibility of WAPDA and the federal government.
The minister added that nearly 67.9 percent of work on the scheme had been completed and expressed confidence that the federally managed portion of the project would be completed within the announced timeline.
He further said that, if needed, a meeting of stakeholders and relevant authorities could be convened in Karachi to review progress and improve accountability regarding the project.
📢 For the latest General & Pakistan news and analysis join ProPakistani's WhatsApp Group now!
Follow ProPakistani on Google News & scroll through your favourite content faster!
Shares